As we talk about relationships we know there is conflict at home, at work, in the neighborhood and everywhere we go, but how should we work through it.
We were challenged when in conflict to think through 4 Biblical Principles as it relates to our response:
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.1 Cor. 10:31
2. Get the Log out of your own eye
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:5
3. Go and Show your brother his fault
If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. Matthew 18:15
4. Go and Be Reconciled
...if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift... Matthew 5:23-24
We also shared some TIPS for Reconciliation:
- Collect your Words and Thoughts Before you meet.
- Keep Short Accounts
- Communicate in a tier higher than where the offense occurred. (if offended via text, then call them and talk about it!)
- Does an action need to happen by the other person? What? Be clear!
- SET UP THE MEETING
The big challenge was for everyone to choose one strained relationship and make a move toward reconciliation this week... Have you made your move?