We want to invite you to connect with a Grace Group to have a fuller expression of church life here at Los Altos Grace. There are many types of small groups (task groups centered around working together on a particular task for a particular season, or homogeneous groups such as men’s, women’s, youth groups) but a Grace Group has a few specific goals and traits that make it unique.
Natural. We like to meet with people we like to be with… its only natural. We all need to eat anyway so let’s eat a meal together. We study the Bible together but its not just a Bible study. We pray for each other but its not just a prayer meeting. We go to each other’s events but its not just a social gathering. We support each other through difficult times but its not just a support group. We are meeting to grow as disciples of Jesus together, to live out God’s Grace together.
Timed. It’s a group of people gathering for 10 weeks. If the group would like to continue after 10 weeks that is great but you are only committing to this for a 10-week period. Los Altos Grace will schedule three, ten-week sessions for Grace Groups each year.
Intergenerational. We are hoping to start some groups that are intergenerational. An intergenerational group has a Facilitator, Host and Worship Leader and they are focused on families with children. An example of an agenda for this group is:
- Meet for dinner (take turns providing the meal).
- Have a time of worship and an ice-breaker question with children and adults together.
- While adults have their Bible Discussion, have a separate kids time/age appropriate bible study, game and craft in a different room led by an adult or two –older kids can help younger kids- (take turns, not every adult will want to teach the kids and that is okay).
- Pair up and pray for each other.
- Come back together for dessert.
Bible Based. We will be making available Questions for Small Groups that will be in the bulletin Sunday mornings and on our website as well. Questions are designed for Bible discussion which makes it possible for us to equip many people to facilitate.
Multipliable. As a group grows it multiplies. Those who participate in a Grace Group agree from the beginning that we meet for each other but also to serve our community and that means inviting new people into the group and starting new groups when possible.
If you would like to be part of a new Grace Group, check them out…
- View/Download/Print January – April 2018 Grace Groups Brochure (PDF)
- Then Reach out to the Contact of the Group for location details!
- Join a group!
Click here if you want the weekly Grace Groups handout from the Sunday messages
If you are interested in helping to facilitate, host or lead worship for a Grace Group, please contact Bob Mabry to find out more details! Email him at: [email protected]
Tools for Group Leaders:
- Weekly Sign Up Sheet- PDF
- Weekly Sign Up Sheet- Word Document
- Icebreakers – by Mike Jentes- PDF
- Weekly Sermon Questions
- Proclaiming God’s Greatness | Nehemiah 9: Week of April 15 Grace-Groups-Bulletin-2018-04-15 PDF
- Submitting To The Word | Nehemiah 7-8: Week of April 8: Grace Groups-Bulletin-2018-04-08 PDF
- Easter Sunday: Week of April 1 Grace GroupsBulletin-2018-04-01-Easter PDF
- Palm Sunday-Hosanna in the Highest: Week of March 25 Grace Groups-Bulletin-2018-03-25-PalmSunday PDF
- Strength for the Test | Nehemiah 6: Week of March 18 GraceGroupsBulletin 2018-03-18 PDF
- Enemies on the Inside | Nehemiah 5: Week of March 11 GraceGroupsBulletin 2018-03-11 PDF
- Opposition to the Cause | Nehemiah 4: Week of March 4 GraceGroupsBulletin 2018-03-04 PDF
- Stirring of the Heart | Nehemiah 2-3: Week of February 25 GraceGroupsBulletin 2018-02-25 PDF
- Prayer In Action | Nehemiah 1-2 : Week of February 18 GraceGroupsBulletin-2018-02-18 PDF
- The Story of John, by Neil Cole: Week of February 11 GraceGroupsBulletin 2018-02-11 PDF
- Sin Brings Destruction, but Grace Brings Life: Week of February 4 GraceGroupsBulletin-2018-02-04 PDF
- Gracious Hand of God: Week of January 28 GraceGroupsBulletin-2018-01-28 PDF
Foundation of the Altar: Week of January 21 GraceGroupsBulletin-2018-01-21 PDF
Starting the Story in Ezra 1: Week of January 14 GraceGroupsBulletin-2018-01-14 PDF
If these kind of groups don’t fit what you are looking for, there are all sorts of other groups & ministries to be part of… check out this page >>